Devkund Waterfall, tucked away in the Sahyadri mountain range of Maharashtra, is a natural wonder that has remained relatively undiscovered by the masses. With its pristine beauty and tranquil surroundings, Devkund Waterfall offers a breathtaking escape from the chaos of city life. In this article, we will explore the mesmerizing allure of Devkund Waterfall and uncover the secrets that make it a must-visit destination for nature enthusiasts and adventure seekers alike.
Introduction to Devkund Waterfall
Nestled in the Tamhini Ghat region near Bhira village, Devkund Waterfall is a hidden gem that is slowly gaining popularity among avid travelers. It is located approximately 150 kilometers from Mumbai, making it easily accessible for a weekend getaway. What sets Devkund Waterfall apart is its unique appeal, characterized by a stunning 80-foot cascade that plunges into a turquoise-colored plunge pool. The untouched beauty of this natural wonder is truly a sight to behold.
How to Reach Devkund Waterfall?
Getting to Devkund Waterfall involves a thrilling trek through dense forests and rocky terrains. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to reach devkund waterfall.
- Starting Point: The trek to Devkund Waterfall commences from Bhira village, which can be reached by road from Pune or Mumbai.
- Base Camp: Upon reaching Bhira village, trekkers need to register at the base camp and hire a local guide if desired. The guide can provide valuable insights about the trail and ensure a safe journey.
- Trekking Route: The trek to Devkund Waterfall covers a distance of approximately 7 kilometers and takes around 3-4 hours to complete. The trail meanders through lush green forests, river streams, and rocky patches, offering breathtaking vistas along the way.
- Highlight: As trekkers approach the waterfall, they are greeted by the sight of a mesmerizing turquoise pool formed by the cascading waters. It’s the perfect spot for a refreshing dip or simply to soak in the tranquility of the surroundings.
What is the best time to visit devkund waterfall trek?
The best time to visit Devkund Waterfall is during the monsoon season when the waterfall is in full flow. However, it is important to check the weather conditions before embarking on the trek.
To experience Devkund Waterfall at its best, it’s essential to plan your visit during the right season. Here are the recommended times to witness the beauty of this natural wonder.
Monsoon (June to September): The monsoon season brings Devkund Waterfall to life, as heavy rainfall rejuvenates the region and enhances the waterfall’s grandeur. The lush greenery and gushing waters create a picturesque setting that is a treat for the senses.
Post-Monsoon (October to February): After the monsoon season, the waterfall continues to flow steadily, offering a more serene and intimate experience. The pleasant weather during this time makes it an ideal period for trekking and exploring the surrounding areas.
Where is Devkund Waterfall located?
Devkund waterfall is located in Bhira Patnas and ever since it went viral on social media, it has become a very crowded and dangerous place.
Many people have lost their lives while others try to visit this place here on their own. It is the confluence of three springs and is said to be the origin of the Kundalika river.
It is a trek of about three hours from the base village along the backwaters of the dam and through the jungle to reach ‘Devkund’.
A major part of the trek passes through some semi-arid forests with the river running parallel to it and occasionally passing through the route. A guide is required during the trek as there are thick forests all around.
So you must come here during the rainy season so that you can enjoy
devkund waterfall location – checkout location
devkund waterfall kaha hai देवकुंड वॉटरफॉल कहां पर है
देवकुंड झरना भीरा पाटनस में स्थित है और जब से यह सोशल मीडिया पर वायरल हुआ है तब से यह बेहद भीड़भाड़ वाली और खतरनाक जगह बन गई है।
कई लोगों की जान चली गई है, जबकि कही सरे लोग यहाँ खुद ही इस जगह की यात्रा करने की कोशिश करते हैं। यह तीन झरनों का संगम है और इसे कुंडलिका नदी का उद्गम कहा जाता है।
यह बांध के बैकवाटर के साथ बेस गांव से और जंगल के माध्यम से ‘देवकुंड’ तक पहुंचने के लिए लगभग तीन घंटे का ट्रेक है।
ट्रेक का एक बड़ा हिस्सा कुछ अर्ध-सूखे जंगलों से होकर गुजरता है जिसमें नदी समानांतर चलती है और कभी-कभी मार्ग से होकर गुजरती है। ट्रेक के दौरान एक गाइड की आवश्यकता होती है क्योंकि चारों ओर घने जंगल हैं।
तो आपको बारिश के सीजन में यहाँ पैर जरूर आना चाहिए और ताकि आप आन्दित रह सके
Essential Tips for Visiting Devkund Waterfall
To make the most of your visit to Devkund Waterfall, keep the following tips in mind:
- Fitness Level: The trek to Devkund Waterfall involves moderate difficulty and requires a reasonable level of physical fitness. It is advisable to wear comfortable trekking shoes and carry sufficient water and snacks.
- Safety Measures: While the trail is generally safe, it is recommended to hire a local guide for navigation and safety purposes. The guide will also provide insights into the flora, fauna, and history of the region.
- Pack Light: Avoid carrying unnecessary baggage during the trek. A small backpack with essentials such as water, snacks, sunscreen, insect repellent, and a raincoat should suffice.
- Responsible Tourism: As responsible travelers, it’s important to leave no trace behind. Avoid littering and respect the environment and local communities.
Devkund Waterfall Pune Trek
Here we have mentioned important step to follow for devkund waterfall trek
- Starting Point: The Devkund Falls trek begins at an elevation of 72 feet above sea level. As you start your trek, you’ll immediately feel the thrill of venturing into the wilderness and discovering the hidden wonders that await you.
- Height of Devkund Falls: According to GPS, the height of Devkund Falls stands tall at 800 feet above sea level. As you reach the waterfall, prepare to be mesmerized by the majestic sight of water cascading down from such a great height.
- Trek Route and Time Required: The trek route to Devkund Falls covers a distance of approximately 3 km from the parking area, and it usually takes around 2.5 hours to complete. The trail is a jungle nature trail, immersing you in the lush greenery of the Sahyadri mountains.
- Highest Point: During the Devkund Falls Trek, you’ll reach the highest point of 535 feet. This vantage point offers stunning panoramic views of the surrounding landscapes, making it a perfect spot for capturing memorable photographs.
- Endurance Level and Difficulty: The Devkund Falls Trek is considered to be a trek of moderate difficulty. It requires a medium level of endurance, making it suitable for both beginners and experienced trekkers. However, it’s important to be physically fit and prepared for the challenges of the trail.
- Distance from Nearby Cities: Devkund Falls is located at a distance of 140 km from Mumbai, 85 km from Lonavala, and 337 km from Aurangabad. Its relatively close proximity to these cities makes it an ideal weekend getaway for adventure enthusiasts.
- Toilets and Facilities: Toilets are available at the homestay near Devkund Falls. However, it is advisable to carry your own essentials such as tissues and sanitizers for hygiene purposes.
- Best Time for Devkund Falls Trek: The ideal time to embark on the Devkund Falls Trek is from June to January. During this period, the weather is pleasant, and the waterfall is in its full glory, offering a picturesque setting for trekkers.
- Cost of the Trek: The cost of the Bhira Devkund Falls trek is Rs 1199 per person. This usually includes a guide, entry fees, and basic amenities required for the trek.
- Location: Devkund Falls is situated in Patnas Village, Mangaon, Raigad District, Pune, Maharashtra 402308. It’s essential to have the correct location details for a hassle-free journey.
pune to devkund waterfall distance
If you’re traveling from Pune to Devkund Waterfall, you can expect a journey of approximately 99.9 kilometers via Paud Road, which typically takes around 2 hours and 41 minutes. Prepare for a scenic drive as you make your way to this breathtaking natural wonder in Maharashtra.
devkund waterfall kaha hai
devkund waterfall pune mein patnas mein aaya hai
mumbai to devkund waterfall
Devkund Waterfall is located about 170 km from Mumbai.
Checkout this amazing place at this monsoon, name is kalu waterfall
Devkund Waterfall is a hidden paradise waiting to be explored. Its untouched beauty, coupled with the thrill of a trek through the Sahyadri mountains, offers an unforgettable experience. Whether you are a nature lover, adventure enthusiast, or simply seeking solace amidst nature, Devkund Waterfall is a must-visit destination. Embrace the magic of this hidden gem, and let it captivate your senses with its breathtaking vistas and serenity. Plan your trip to Devkund Waterfall today and embark on a journey you will cherish forever.
FAQs on devkund waterfall
Is devkund waterfall is open or not?
devkund waterfall is open by Maharashtra government, so you can definitely visit it
Which is the best time to visit Devkund waterfall?
You can visit this place during July or august month basically in monsoon season that is best for travelling
Is devkund open for bike riders?
Yes definitely it is open for bike riders you can go with also check it from local authority
Is devkund waterfall open for tomorrow?
It depends on which day you want to visit devkund waterfall, I think it opens daily
What is fee to visit devkund waterfall?
No there are no charges to visit devkund you can go absolute free to visit
How to reach devkund waterfall from pune?
To reach Devkund Waterfall from Pune, you can take a bus or drive to Bhira village, which is approximately 150 kilometers away. From Bhira, you need to trek for around 4 kilometers to reach Devkund Waterfall. The trek is moderately challenging but offers beautiful scenery along the way. It is recommended to hire a local guide for the trek.
How to reach devkund waterfall from mumbai?
To reach Devkund Waterfall from Mumbai, you can take a train or drive to Bhira village, which is approximately 170 kilometers away. From Bhira, you need to trek for around 4 kilometers to reach the waterfall. Similar to the Pune route, hiring a local guide is advisable for a safe and enjoyable experience.